Pumice$65.00 Per Yard
(3/8 x 1/16) Pumice is an excellent soil conditioner, as it is highly porous giving it excellent water and air holding properties.Advantages of Using Pumice:
- Excellent conditioner for soils that need increased aeration and drainage.
- Loosens the density of heavy soils, letting in the air and water plants need.
- Increases water retention in light and sandy soils.
- Reduces crusting, cracking, flooding and shrinking & swelling of clay soils.
- Holds moisture in the soil, reducing watering requirements by as much as 35%, but pumice will not compact or become soggy.
- Is inorganic, so it will not decompose or compact over time, meaning it functions continuously and can be recycled and reused.
- Does not attract or host fungi, nematodes, or insects.
- PH neutral
- These advantages can be realized with as little as 10% addition of pumice to the soil or growing medium.
This Soil and Bark Calculator helps you to estimate how many cubic yards you would need to order to cover a specific area to a particular depth. Enter the width, length, and thickness of your area to be covered, click on whether you are measuring the thickness in feet or inches, then click on the Calculate button. The calculator will estimate the number of cubic yards of soil or bark that will be required.
Pick It Up Local
Bring a pick up or trailer and we'll help load you up. If you have a camper or cover please bring a shovel, some ambition, and some empty containers. Please bring a cover for all loads.
Get It Delivered!
We deliver anywhere in the 530 and other neighboring areas. Don't be shy we might of already been to your neighbors. $110 per hour round trip.